New Staff in Children’s Ministry!
My name is Jesse Bourne and I am the Crossroads Kids summer student for 2015! You may recognize me or my name from being up front on a Sunday morning – as I have been a part of the worship team here at Crossroads for almost nine years.
A few “get-to-know-ya’s”…
- I have been married almost 13 years to my wonderful wife Loni – who among many splendid talents, is an excellent photographer of babies, children, families, brides, and grooms (lonibourne.com)!
- I have three “wee ones” who attend Crossroads Kids and inspire me to be more Christ-like on a daily basis.
- I am heading into my final year of my teaching degree in September.
- I tend to buy one pair of shoes and wear them as often as possible for a 3 – 5 year stint.
- I recently bought a new pair of shoes.
- I love creative writing and the arts.
- I believe deeply that children are a blessing!
- I love to speak in fake accents – even if they tend to rather fluidly move from one to the next or are rather unidentifiable in their origin.
- I think potatoes are delicious, especially if they have been fried, salted, and coated with ketchup.
- I am simply delighted to be on staff here at Crossroads this summer!
See you all around…
I am a firm believer that a warm smile and a firm handshake are two things that never go out of style and will always make for a solid first impression. Sadly, you can experience neither of those from where you are reading this, but please know I am sending them to the best of my ability through this post! My name is Ashten Blain; I am 21 years old and I have lived in Central Alberta for 10 years now. I am the oldest of three children (and probably fit every “oldest child” stereotype out there, good, bad or otherwise) and I have been attending CrossRoads Church for four years, and have been involved with senior high youth ministry here in some capacity or another for that time and served for a time with children’s ministry as a classroom leader. I have been called a “granny at heart” as I find much of my spare time is spent out on coffee dates, crocheting my heart out and baking and decorating cakes of all shapes and sizes.
On a more serious note, I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve here at Crossroads as the Elementary Children’s Ministry Coordinator for the next year, and am excited to see what God has in store for me and for all the little ones He’s entrusted to our care as a church. This is something so different than anything I have been a part of in the past, but I am loving every minute of learning and growing to prepare for the role thus far, and I am so excited to see how much I can learn about God and His heart for kids. He has truly blessed me with this opportunity and I want to make the most of every minute. There is so much to learn and so much to do, but I am confident of this:
“That He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6
Thank the Lord I’m not doing this on my own! I can’t wait to meet you all and get to know the families and children of this church! Thanks for making me feel so welcome already, and I am so looking forward to what God is going to do in this next year with CrossRoads Kids!