We have a Dream (It’s Called Camp…)
For years we have gone to Romania and seen the lives of students changed overseas, and God has done great things. But recently we have noticed a longing for lives to be changed here in Central Alberta and for Christ to move powerfully here among students. We have been thinking and praying about what we could do to care about the lost, last, least, little and nearly dead among us. We sense God is giving us a dream to run our first High School Camp at Rivers Edge from August 23-28th. We want to see students in Central Alberta come to Jesus and be strengthened in their relationship with Christ. We have been challenging the high school students the whole year to be thinking and praying for their friends who do not know Jesus. We started this by talking out of Mark Chapter 2. Four friends brought a paralyzed man to Jesus and dug a hole in the roof and lowered the man down to Jesus to heal him. Verse 5 says, “When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, ‘Son, your sins are forgiven.'”
It was because of the friends’ faith that the man was healed. How could we, the Sr. High Youth at CrossRoads, become those type of Friends.
We want to create an environment at Camp this summer for our students to invite their friends so that they too might get healed. The dream is to have 100 students from Central Alberta, and have 30 of them be invited by their friends to meet Jesus. In order to do this well we need to do a couple of things:
- We need to throw an awesome camp, with great events like: wake boarding, paintball and wide games. We need to have incredible communicators and musicians.
- We need to raise money to remove any obstacles that would keep students from coming to camp. We don’t want money to be a barrier for our students.
- We need to raise money to take care of buses, renting equipment and buying supplies for events.
We are believing that God is going to use this camp to bring our current students closer to Christ, but also add several more to His Kingdom.
How Can you Help
* Pray for us.
* Talk about it with your friends and family that have high school students.
* Think about supporting a student to go to camp.