Christ in Christmas…..
This has been a hot topic in our Let’s Talk Group this past week…. many wonderful ideas and traditions have been shared ….I thought I would share them with you!
- Let your kids shop for Operation Christmas Child, let them pack the boxes and take ownership of sending them to a special child around the world.
- Have a “Hands On” Nativity Set for your children to play with!
- Play Christian Christmas music in the car..at home and along with your “Frosty the Snowman” songs!
- Leading up to Christmas do Advent projects with your children and family.
- Let your children use some of their own money to buy presents for their siblings for Christmas.
- Bake cookies together! ( deliver some to neighbors and friends)
- Have a Birthday Party for Jesus! Decorate a cake or cupcakes and sing to Jesus!
- Attend a Christmas Eve service with your family.
- Read the Christmas Story and pray before opening your Christmas Presents.
- Make a Jesse Tree, many conversations will come from this about why Jesus is so special to us.
And one for you to read … Francine Rivers story Unafraid:Mary. This is a nice advent idea that brings Christmas to life! Mary responded in simple obedience to God’s Call.
Jesse Tree and Nativity Set!