Sharing Jesus with your Little Ones
Story time is often a favourite time for kids, so we thought we would share a few great resources for sharing the love of Jesus with your little ones (and bigger kids can join or even read to siblings too)! Thank you for this super idea Elzette!
- Big Thoughts for Little Thinkers – 4 books in the series (The Gospel, The Trinity, The Scripture, The Mission). One review states, “The Big Thoughts for Little Thinkers series promotes God-centered theology with simple and precise teaching while offering stability and a strong, lasting connection with the faith.” What a great way to reinforce what you are teaching at home, and we are reinforcing at CrossRoads Kids!
Scripture references are quoted on each page, providing a great springboard for family Bible reading, as well as a way to involve older kids!
2. What Happens When I Talk to God? (The Power of Prayer for Boys and Girls) by Stormie Omartian
3. The Ten Commandments for Little Ones by Alia Zobel Nolan. This book has great kid-friendly explanations of each commandment, as well as “Digging Deeper” sections at the back.
4. The Lord’s Prayer commentary by Rick Warren and illustrated by Richard Jesse Watson. Gorgeous illustrations are sure to interest all ages. What a beautiful way to inspire children to love the words of Jesus!
5. JellyTelly https://www.jellytelly.com is run by Focus on the Family. The series ‘What’s in the Bible’ is created by Phil Vischer, and is a favourite of mine (Pastor Brenda). We occasionally show segments at CrossRoads Kids, during our Theatre time. This Sunday we will be showing a part of segment 10 “Jesus is the Good News!” A yearly subscription is available as well as DVD’s that you can purchase.
Please comment with any of your favourite books for sharing God’s word with kids. Have fun and be blessed, being spiritual leaders in your family! (Deut 6:7)